Saturday 9 October 2010

Happy Birthday John Lennon


Mickey Dolenz on fun times with famous friends:
"A word about drugs. I have made no secret about the fact that I dabbled in the world of chemical realities. But by most standards, I was pretty tame. And I was lucky. I'm not going to preach to anyone about the dangers of drug abuse, they should be self-evident. All I can tell you is that, in my experience, it simply isn't worth it. It wasn't worth the money, the time, the energy, the damage to my physical and mental being, the damage to my relationships and my disposition. And in the end, it also got so boring. My last experience with LSD was at a Malibu beach house in the company of Harry Nilsson, Brian Wilson, John Lennon, et al. With those participants, you'd think it would have been a stimulating, inspiring occasion. Unfortunately, it was not. Harry went off into his own world; Brian, who was already long-gone even at that time, played just one note on a piano, over and over again; and John stood and stared into a swimming pool for four hours. What fun! I ended up sitting in the living room, watching the walls breathe and my hand turn into a snake, impatiently looking at my watch thinking, "Here goes the old hand-into-a-snake routine. I wonder when I can get out of here and go home to work on my gyrocopter?"

No comments:

Post a Comment