Thursday 27 August 2015

Last night's set lists

At The Habit, York: -

Da Elderly: -
Laurel Canyon Home
Is It Only The Moonlight?
Love
Human Highway

Ron Elderly: -
Make You Feel My Love
The Way You Look Tonight
I'll See You In My Dreams
Suspicious Minds

The Elderly Brothers: -
All I Have To Do Is Dream
Bring It On Home To Me
Lola
Medley: Sweet Caroline/Hi Ho Silver Lining
I Saw Her Standing There

It was a very quiet start to the night, with only 4 players initially and very few punters. About 11pm everything changed and a good crowd appeared, more players too! The highlight was at the conclusion to the open mic, when a scratch band (see picture) attempted San Francisco Bay Blues. This was the nearest thing I've ever heard to a Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band pastiche - wonderful stuff, with complete breakdowns and joyful recoveries in spades.

 
P.S. The Elderly Brothers will be playing at The Habit on Sunday from 4pm, so if you're in York for the Bank Holiday weekend, why not check out the madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment