Thursday 29 March 2018

Last night's set lists




At The Habit, York: -

Ron Elderly: -
Good Year For The Roses
Always On My Mind

Da Elderly: -
One Of These Days
Harvest Moon


The Elderly Brothers: -
Crying In The Rain
Handle With Care
Yes I Will
Bring It On Home To Me


What started looking like a very quiet night in The Habit turned into a busy one, the last hour or so being particularly enjoyable. The duo pictured above gave us Spanish guitar instrumental versions of While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Hotel California. After the Elderlys' set I was joined by regular Chris, who had asked me to accompany him on Birds and Only Love Can Break Your Heart. Deb finished off the open mic with a set including Love Is Like A Butterfly, the theme tune from the late 70s, early 80s TV comedy Butterflies. The after-show jam rolled on as usual and a splendid time was guaranteed for all.....as someone nearly said on a Beatles album sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment